HOLIDAY SEASON REMINDERS
- If you will be gone for more than a few days, use the form on this page to let us know about your extended absence. Be sure to include your building and apartment number.
- Set your thermostat to HEAT with the fan to AUTO and the temperature to 60°F. DO NOT turn off your heat or your pipes may freeze.
- Take out any trash, empty litter boxes, and don’t leave any dirty dishes in your apartment (including the dishwasher). It doesn’t take long for pests to find food wherever it may be!
- If you are leaving a vehicle in the lot, park in the areas posted in the building. If your vehicle is parked elsewhere and it snows, it may be towed!
- Don’t forget to make arrangements to pay your January rent on time. You may always pay rent early, or for your convenience, we can hold a post-dated check until it’s due. Just date the check for the day you want it processed.
Sticking around for the Holidays?
- Real Christmas trees and decorations, including wreaths, cut from living trees are not allowed inside the building. Artificial decorations are permitted.
- Do not hang decorations on your apartment door with tape, nails or brackets that may damage the door.
- Please protect your neighbors’ right to quiet enjoyment of their apartments. Large gatherings are not permitted per your Dwelling Unit Rules.
- DO NOT prop doors. Propping doors gives unauthorized people access to your home, and the homes of your neighbors and can result in frozen plumbing.
- Don’t leave valuables, wrapped gifts, or shopping bags in your car.
- Keep an eye out for suspicious behavior. Call us if you see strangers loitering in the building or parking lots. Report criminal activity to the Ames Police Department.
- Do not “borrow” shopping carts from Hy-Vee or other retailers. Removing shopping carts from a retailer’s property is considered theft and is punishable by fines and even jail time!
- Don’t forget to pay your January rent. The office will be closed on January 1st. Late fees will not be assessed until January 5th. Of course, you can always pay your rent early.
- Don’t overload your disposer! Per your lease you are responsible for drain problems that you cause. Review proper use in your Tenant Guide.
- Any time it snows, be sure to move your car to cleared spaces as soon as possible, this includes holidays and weekends. Snowbound vehicles will be charged a parking violation fee and may be towed and impounded at the vehicle owner’s expense.