- Check-in and Utility Information
- Per your Dwelling Unit Rules,
furniture and appliance items MAY NOT be left in or near the building dumpsters.
This includes microwaves, televisions, and computer monitors and furniture of any size.
Please contact Ames Resource Recovery Plant for information about furniture
and appliance disposal. Per your lease, there is a $50 fine per
piece for improper furniture disposal.
- Forward your mail ahead of time.
With so many people changing addresses the last week in July,
your postal carrier can better handle your mail if you change
your address before you move. If you don't change your address,
your mail may be returned to sender!
- Per your rental agreement, you are
required to keep utilities connected through the last day of your lease.
- DO NOT make arrangements to have your carpet cleaned. This will
be done after you move out under the terms of your lease.
END OF LEASE INFO
If you are a current tenant who will be leaving at the end of your
lease, please refer to the booklet you received when you checked
in for information about check-out procedures. That information is
also available here.
INTERNET SERVICE CHANGE 2/13/2018
The new internet service we told you about last month is now available. There are different steps to take depending on your current internet provider.
If you currently use the internet provided by K & J Cooper Properties:
If you already have Mediacom internet:
- Visit the Mediacom office at 225 S. Dayton Ave. to sign up. Their office is open 8-11 AM and 12-5 PM weekdays.
- You will be provided with a modem, cable splitter, and installation instructions.
- You can sign up for additional speeds, but it may be better to do this after you try the new connection. Those who have tested the service were experiencing speeds faster than expected.
- To sign up, Mediacom will require your name, address, and maybe a photo ID. Only one tenant needs to sign up.
- The current internet service will terminate on February 28th, so you should switch over as soon as possible to avoid an interruption in service.
- Please direct any questions about installation or any future technical problem to Mediacom directly.
- Call Mediacom and have them transfer the modem to the new service. Make sure the Mediacom representative understands that you are a tenant in an apartment that is part of a new bulk internet plan.
- I have been assured that you will not be charged any early termination fees for canceling your current contract in order to switch to the service we are providing. We can forward you the correspondence about ETFs if Mediacom attempts to charge you.
- You should not incur any fees to switch unless you request installation services or upgrade the speed. However, you may want to try it out before paying for upgrades because those who have tested the service were experiencing speeds faster than expected.
Feel free to contact us if you have any questions about the transition not covered here.
HOLIDAY SEASON REMINDERS
- If you will be gone for more than a few days, use the form on this page to let us know about your extended absence. Be sure to include your building and apartment number.
- Set your thermostat to HEAT with the fan to AUTO and the temperature to 60°F. DO NOT turn off your heat or your pipes may freeze.
- Take out any trash, empty litter boxes, and don’t leave any dirty dishes in your apartment (including the dishwasher). It doesn’t take long for pests to find food wherever it may be!
- If you are leaving a vehicle in the lot, park in the areas posted in the building. If your vehicle is parked elsewhere and it snows, it may be towed!
- Don’t forget to make arrangements to pay your January rent on time. You may always pay rent early, or for your convenience, we can hold a post-dated check until it’s due. Just date the check for the day you want it processed.
Sticking around for the Holidays?
- Real Christmas trees and decorations, including wreaths, cut from living trees are not allowed inside the building. Artificial decorations are permitted.
- Do not hang decorations on your apartment door with tape, nails or brackets that may damage the door.
- Please protect your neighbors’ right to quiet enjoyment of their apartments. Large gatherings are not permitted per your Dwelling Unit Rules.
- DO NOT prop doors. Propping doors gives unauthorized people access to your home, and the homes of your neighbors and can result in frozen plumbing.
- Don’t leave valuables, wrapped gifts, or shopping bags in your car.
- Keep an eye out for suspicious behavior. Call us if you see strangers loitering in the building or parking lots. Report criminal activity to the Ames Police Department.
- Do not “borrow” shopping carts from Hy-Vee or other retailers. Removing shopping carts from a retailer’s property is considered theft and is punishable by fines and even jail time!
- Don’t forget to pay your January rent. The office will be closed on January 1st. Late fees will not be assessed until January 5th. Of course, you can always pay your rent early.
- Don’t overload your disposer! Per your lease you are responsible for drain problems that you cause. Review proper use in your Tenant Guide.
- Any time it snows, be sure to move your car to cleared spaces as soon as possible, this includes holidays and weekends. Snowbound vehicles will be charged a parking violation fee and may be towed and impounded at the vehicle owner’s expense.